A flexible DNS proxy, with support for modern encrypted DNS protocols such as DNSCrypt v2 and DNS-over-HTTP/2.
- DNS traffic encryption and authentication. Supports DNS-over-HTTPS (DoH) and DNSCrypt.
- DNSSEC compatible
- DNS query monitoring, with separate log files for regular and suspicious queries
- Pattern-based local blocking of DNS names and IP addresses
- Time-based filtering, with a flexible weekly schedule
- Transparent redirection of specific domains to specific resolvers
- DNS caching, to reduce latency and improve privacy
- Local IPv6 blocking to reduce latency on IPv4-only networks
- Load balancing: pick a set of resolvers, dnscrypt-proxy will automatically measure and keep track of their speed, and balance the traffic across the fastest available ones.
- Cloaking: like a HOSTS file on steroids, that can return preconfigured addresses for specific names, or resolve and return the IP address of other names. This can be used for local
- development as well as to enforce safe search results on Google, Yahoo and Bing.
- Automatic background updates of resolvers lists
- Can force outgoing connections to use TCP; useful with tunnels such as Tor.
DNSCrypt-Proxy 2 Screenshot
Download Links (4.2MB)
Download DNSCrypt-Proxy 2 / Link 2